Join the Geobank team for a LIVE webinar on August 16th, 7:30am – 8:00am AWST.
Product Strategy Manager, Mark Gabbitus will highlight the structural changes to the development team and how it has enabled the team to log and close nearly 700 bugs in Geobank and Geobank Mobile, as well as focus on improving the Stability, Usability, Flexibility and Functionality across both Geobank products.
We’ll then hand over to Operations Manager, Derek Vincent to walk you through recent enhancements and changes, which sometimes can be really minor but the improvements they can make to a user’s experience is massive!
- Creation of a text label on the graphic report. It is standard practice to name the template and then define the parameters for it. But for a text label the only parameter you need to define is the text to display and it is common to name the template the same thing. So we have added a system token to Text labels so that the test displayed and template name is the same by default. Of course, users can change this if they want.
- Screen grid and snap to grid option. This allows users to place on-screen templates in the right location, first time. In the past, this has been an iterative process that could soak up user’s time. Having this option on allows users to get it right the first time
- New multi-select tool. It is quite common in graphic reports to have multiple templates overlaid on top of each other in the report, such as downhole LAS type log data where you want to display multiple traces on top of each other. For example, gamma and density. The new tool allows you to easily select all objects in one go then you can move or resize them to suit your needs
- One of the larger usability changes we have made is allowing the user to build colour sets, much like what we have in Micromine, to automatically colour strip logs based on numeric or text values.
- On a recent trip to Russia to meet clients one of the things they all mentioned was their reporting requirements to the government. They have to produce strip logs of every hole drilled and a requirement is to include a special “stamp like” report at the bottom of the strip log. These can be built in Geobank Graphic Reports but can be time consuming to make and change. You can now take an existing Graphic Report and embed it into another Graphic Report as a sub-report. This makes the setup and management of them much easier and will save clients time.
Finally, we will wrap up by looking at the Geobank roadmap and future key projects.
Limited spots available, register your interest now using the button below.
Book your spot
Alternatively you can contact us via our contact form.