This year MICROMINE celebrates its 30th Anniversary. Since its beginning in 1986, MICROMINE’s goal remains to provide the highest quality product and services that create value and assist the exploration and mining industry achieve strategic and operational goals.
An independently Australian-owned company, MICROMINE has expanded across the globe with offices in 18 of the world’s mining capitals and is used at more than 2000 sites in over 90 countries.
To celebrate the occasion, key clients and staff from all over the world will be gathering in Perth to celebrate the company’s achievement in September.
MICROMINE would like to thank everyone for all of their support and contribution during the past 30 years as it has helped shape the company to what it is today. We look forward to what the next 30 years brings.
The history of MICROMINE demonstrates our commitment to ongoing improvement. Below I have highlighted a few of the significant milestones aimed at enhancing the entire suite of solutions and providing better service to clients.
- 1986 – MICROMINE is created as a business unit of Geometra Pty. Ltd (a land and hydrographic surveying company based in Sydney).
- 1987 – Incorporated MICROMINE and appointed MICROMINE’S first international agency in Indonesia for sales and product support following export sales into that country.
- 1988 – Received largest single order to date of $100,000 from Indonesian client. Appointed agent in Canada for sales and product support following export sales into that country.
- 1992 – South African sales agent was appointed.
- 1994 – UK sales agent was appointed.
- 1996 – Philippines and Chile sales agents were appointed.
- 1998 – Established Micromine Consulting Services (MCS).
- 1999 – Acquired new products in geological data management (now Geobank) from Billiton in South Africa and mine production and control (now Pitram) from other parties. Withdrew from Chile due to downturn in exploration and mining in the area.
- 2001 – First western mining software company to enter the former Soviet Union and opened offices in Russia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan.
- 2002 – First western mining software company to open representative office in China.
- 2003 – Entered the USA market with a multi-site sale of Pitram to Newmont Mining.
- 2004 – Opened office in Mongolia and re-entered Chile market.
- 2005 - Micromine software became the first and only software to be accredited by the Chinese Ministry of Lands and Resources as acceptable for calculation of mineral reserves and resources.
- 2006 – Micromine software became the first and only software to be accredited by the Mongolian Ministry of Lands and Resources as acceptable for calculation of mineral reserves and resources. By government instruction, all mineral exploration data and reserves in Mongolia must be reported in
- 2008 – Pitram software becomes the world’s leading underground mine operations solution. Received first export order in excess of $1 million from PT Tambang Timah in Indonesia.
- 2011 - MICROMINE was awarded Microsoft Gold Partner Certification as an Independent Software Vendor and Windows® 8 Compatible (the company has maintained every year since).
- 2014- Founder and Director Graeme Tuder won The Australian Export Hero Award.
- 2016 - MICROMINE exports to more than 90 countries and has 22 offices located in all the mining capitals of the world.