The Scheduler module overcomes the limitations of Gantt chart facilities in applications such as Microsoft Project®. Although these applications do enable diagrammatic representation of a schedule, they are unable to adequately handle mining attributes such as tonnes, grades and equipment resources.
Micromine Scheduler is fully integrated within Micromine; it is a smart solution that assists with short-term resource extraction planning, creating an optimum mineral extraction process to meet corporate objectives.
Micromine Core is mandatory for all Micromine modules.
Micromine Wireframing is required for preparing mining block wireframes for use as scheduling tasks.
Why do I need Scheduler?
Many mining operations use a manual scheduling process combining generic spreadsheet and project management applications. Although these tools are capable of getting the job done, they have shortcomings that can be unproductive and error prone, such as:
- A lack of integration
- Managing complex formulae
- Importing and exporting files
- Importing mining blocks and associated attributes from third-party applications into the spreadsheet
Micromine Scheduler uses the powerful mine planning and design tools of Micromine Core and Wireframing to generate 3D mining blocks. These define the tonnes and grade (or quality) of an orebody represented as a three dimensional view of the material to be removed, forming the basis of the subsequent production sequencing.
The information can be displayed against predetermined attributes and constraints to provide both a visual and temporal schedule that defines how each mining block will be extracted and over what period of time.
- Support for multiple calendars, with control over working hours and exception days
- Generic resources that can represent a single vehicle or an entire fleet of production equipment. Productivity of each resource defined in terms of work rate, efficiency and availability
- User-configurable attributes for each mining block
- Tasks defined as wireframe solids representing each mining block, with a set of attributes to be tracked. Options for combining individual tasks into task groups
- Numerous tools in Wireframing for rapidly creating and assigning attribute values to mining block wireframes
- Interactive Gantt chart for sequencing and linking tasks to define task dependencies
- Attribute-based task sequencing and precedence
- Interactive task re-sequencing
- Numerous reporting options including spatial and time-based
- Interactive sequence animation
- An ideal application for smaller or simpler mines that don’t need a full-blown scheduling application
- Full Micromine integration that saves time by eliminating the exchange of data such as block model, mining blocks, mine design, etc.
- Tools that overcome the limitations of project management tools and avoid the need for manual scheduling
Vizex is used for displaying 3D mining blocks and sequence animation in a spatial view, and the Gantt view is used for displaying the same mining blocks and their dependencies in a time-based view. The Scheduler module extends the capabilities of Vizex (Visual Explorer), a visualisation environment for displaying, querying and interactively editing multiple data layers.
In keeping with Micromine’s renowned simplicity and ease of use, the scheduler workflow is composed of five simple steps as illustrated below.
Step 1 - Prepare
- Create mining blocks
- Assign values like grade and SG to the mining blocks
- Create new schedule
Step 2 - Configure
- Configure calendar
- Define resources
- Define attributes
- Define task types
Step 3 - Import & Sequence
- Import and sequence mining blocks as tasks
- Finalise sequencing
- Assign resources to tasks
Step 4 - Validate
- Validate sequencing
- Apply task dependencies and lag
Step 5 - Report
- Report on the schedule