The Stratigraphic Modelling module is ideal for any stratified deposit such as coal, nickel laterite, tin, phosphate, bauxite, iron ore and platinum. Its unique modelling workflow ultimately produces a Seam Block Model (SBM), a highly efficient way to represent a geological layer along with all of its attributes.
The outcome of the seam modelling process is a Seam Block Model (SBM), which is like a conventional block model with consistent X and Y dimensions but a variable Z dimension (thickness). No sub-blocks are required; a single block defines the vertical extent of each layer.
Micromine Core is mandatory for all Micromine modules.
Micromine Exploration is highly recommended for pre-processing drillhole data.
Micromine Wireframing is highly recommended for modifying wireframes created from seam block models.
- Drillhole Fence Sections for drawing cross-sections that snap to drillhole collars, displaying the holes on a single section plane
- The advanced Vizex Seam Correlation display, which links geological units between holes
- Interactive drillhole correlation for creating 3D fence diagrams through specific holes
- Seam stratigraphy tools for preparing, defining and displaying stratigraphic (age and parent-child) relationships between seams
- Seam interpolation tools, including the ability to manually define the contribution of individual child seams to a parent and automatically model changes in thickness such as pinches and partings
- Tools for inserting interburden, overburden or waste blocks to create a full solid model of a deposit
- Tools for converting interpolated elevation or thickness grids to seam block models
- Wireframe tools for creating grade shells, outer shells, and converting an SBM to horizons or solids
- Option to trim an SBM to topography or to split it at the base of weathering
- Tools for creating, indexing, combining, validating and recoding seam block models
- Semi-variograms and data search ellipsoids
- Inverse distance and ordinary/universal kriging interpolators for modelling grade(s) within the SBM
- Calculations such as volume ratios or strip ratios for every block
- Classification tools such as zones-of-influence
- Comprehensive and intuitive per-seam reporting options, including any number of grade fields and cut-off ranges
- Visual 3D seam correlation, which provides an instant way to view and validate stratigraphy or geological logging between drillholes
- A revolutionary stratigraphic display that makes it easy to visualise even the most complex stratigraphic hierarchy in a geologically familiar way
- An intuitive workflow that simplifies the modelling process
- An open and transparent process that allows each step to be manually verified (no black box)
- A scalable solution that is designed to automate for the number of seams
- An efficient container for all relevant deposit information, which is held in the SBM and can be viewed as a table or a spatial object. This also saves time locating data
The Stratigraphic Modelling module extends the capabilities of Vizex (Visual Explorer), a visualisation environment for displaying, querying and interactively editing multiple data layers.