The Shift Planner reflects the dynamic nature of a mining operation, allowing the planned work for equipment and mining locations to be divided into small, interdependent tasks or activities, and allowing these tasks or activities to be rescheduled or re-allocated in real time during the shift.
Overview Key Features & Benefits Get Pitram
The Shift Planner allows the planned work for equipment and mining locations to be divided into small, interdependent tasks or activities. These tasks are communicated to equipment operators along with expected duration and/or deliverables.
The progress of a task is tracked automatically and supervisors are notified when a task is at risk of delay. Dependencies between each task are shown graphically allowing the effect of a delay to be easily identified and the overall impact on the shift outcome to be known.
The Shift Planner reflects the dynamic nature of a mining operation allowing tasks to be rescheduled or re-allocated in real time during the shift, and allowing a manager or supervisor to determine the best way forward despite unexpected delays or occurrences that may have occurred in the shift to date.
Unlike traditional in-shift planning tools that focus on equipment only, Shift Planner monitors the production or development cycle at each location ensuring that equipment units are not held up due to delays on other equipment. This is extremely important for operations that are constrained by limited access to stopes or development faces.
- Provides real-time tracking of production plan progress
- Monitors performance for each task
- Tracks allocated equipment tasks providing real-time feedback to the operator and the control room
- Increases efficiencies as tasks are created either by equipment or by location
- Easy to use application
- Application replaces Excel spreadsheets or whiteboards for planning shift tasks.
- Task monitoring provides real-time comparison of actual to plan for each task in progress
- The visual nature of the application allows the user to be continuously updated